Sunday, February 26, 2012

Worst Super Bowl Party Ever

On Super Bowl Sunday, normal people get together to watch the game. My person, like usual, didn’t do what normal people do. She did go over to a friends’ house and it was even during the Super Bowl. There were other people there and snacks and beer and a television with the game on. I was totally hoping my person would not be a nerd for an afternoon. But no. Do you know what my person and her friends did instead of watching the game? The learned sword fighting. That’s right. They learned how to do something that no one’s needed to be able to do in like forever. Lame.

Photobucket

It gets worse. My person is the one who taught everyone else how to use a sword. I guess the swords on the wall downstairs aren’t just to look at.

Before I came to live with my person and TGWWGA, before I was even born, my person was in a sword fighting club in college. That’s right, there was a whole group of these people and they somehow managed to find each other. Spanky says I have to tell you that my person was in a “theatrical combat troupe.” What kind of dorky word is “troupe”?! Anyway, that means that they used real swords, not toy ones, but they weren’t sharp or anything. The people also couldn’t hit each other because “that wouldn’t be safe.” *rolls eyes* Seriously, if you’re going to use a sword at least hit someone with it!

But back to the Super Bowl. I’d met my person’s friend, Tom, before and he seemed like a pretty cool guy. Well, as cool as one of my person’s friends is going to be. I thought he might be a good influence on my person. But no. He’s total nerd, too. So much of a nerd that his wife got him a sword for his birthday.

Photobucket

When he told my person about it, she got all excited. Because if anyone was going to think her friend getting a sword was “really awesome” and not really weird, it would be my person.

So, instead of watching the Super Bowl like normal people, they all went out on the lawn and practiced with swords.

Photobucket

One of my person’s friends is learning to sword fight in heels. Which is pretty cool, I guess. Cool for people with swords. More importantly, why did they let my person have the sharp sword in this picture? She injures herself on her desk chair! If she cut off her hand with a sword, how would she feed me and rub my tummy? People should think about these things!

I wasn’t there to tell them that, though, so they kept going. Here’s my person and her friend, Tom, practicing a sword fight. My person was showing him how to fight with a sword in one hand and a dagger in the other.

Photobucket

Huh. They actually look kind of fierce. Never thought that would happen.

It did get kind of cool at the end. Tom cut a pumpkin in half in midair! This is actually awesome enough to deserve video!

How cool is that?!

Photobucket

It kind of looks like brains in there! Pumpkin-colored brains but still pretty awesome.

I guess as far as nerdy stuff my person has done, this is okay. I still wish she’d be normal more often, but I can see why she likes swords. They are pretty cool.

Photobucket

No comments: